According to the new regulations approved by the Federal State of Berlin starting from the 4th of May, all citizens who make use of public transportation, are obligated to wear face masks. This time, there is no place for any kind of excuse of the sort; I couldn’t find or issue one, because every single district is distributing free masks to their residents. With the decision on the obligation to wear mouth protection, around 147,000 masks are to be handed out to the citizens directly by the districts this week.
Detailed information about pick up locations and amount of masks as stated below:
The distribution of face masks on the district of Charlottenburg-Wilmesdorf started from Monday 27th, On 28th of April a modification on the hours could be made between 9 am to 3 pm, as far as masks are still available.
- Rathaus Charlottenburg, Otto-Suhr-Allee 96, entrance in front of the Heinrich-Schulz-Bibliothek, the issue takes place in front of the entrance area to the library
- Office building Hohenzollerndamm 177, the issue takes place on Julius-Morgenroth-Platz in front of the main entrance
The district office in Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg announced that the masks will be issued on Wednesday, April 29. The output amount is limited to one peace per person.
Pick-up stations Friedrichshain:
- District center Friedenstrasse, Friedenstrasse 32, 10249 Berlin
159 – 03 14 31 83 Mon – Fri 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Family center human children, Fürstenwalder Str. 30, 10243 Berlin
30 – 23 59 99 650 Mon – Fri 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Self-help meeting point, Boxhagener Str. 89, 10245 Berlin
030 – 291 83 48Tue 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Wed 3 p.m. – 5.30 p.m. Thu 1 p.m. – 5.30 p.m. Fri 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Contact point care engagement, Gryphiusstrasse 16, 10245 Berlin 30 – 70 71 68 69 Mon – Fri 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Pick-up stations Kreuzberg:
- Neighborhood house Urbanstrasse, Urbanstrasse 21, 10961 Berlin Mon – Fri from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Kreuzberg district center, Lausitzer Strasse 8, 10999 Berlin Mon – Thu from 12 noon to 3 p.m.
- Multi-generation house Gneisenaustraße, Gneiss outlet 12, 10961 Berlin Mon – Fri from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Multi-generation house Wassertor, Wassertorstrasse 48, 10969 Berlin Mon – Fri from 1pm to 4pm
- District centre family garden Kotti eV, Oranienstrasse 34, Hinterhof, 10999 Berlin Mon – Thurs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The district office in Lichtenberg received on Monday the free textile mouth and nose protection. The masks distribution to the public started on Tuesday, April 28 and will continue till Thursday, April 30, from 12 noon to 6 p.m.
- Bürgeramt 2, Normannenstraße 1-2, opposite the Lichtenberg town hall
Around 16,000 reusable protective masks have arrived in the Marzahn-Hellersdorf district and started being distributed to people in need from Monday, April 27, 2020, at the gates of the town hall Alice-Salomon-Platz 3, 12627 Berlin.
Other Pick-up stations:
- Riesaer Strasse 94
- Premnitzer Strasse 13
- Janusz-Korczak-Str. 32
- Helene-Weigel-Platz 8
The district of Mitte has been distributing mouth guards to the three town halls in Alt-Mitte, Wedding and Moabit since Monday
Masks have been given out since Monday afternoon in the Neukölln town hall at the lodge in the main entrance. Detailed information can be found in the districts website: https://www.berlin.de/ba-neukoelln/
Other Pick-up stations:
- Karl-Marx-Strasse 83, 12043 Berlin
In Pankw masks are being distributed at the town hall locations in Pankow, Weißensee and Prenzlauer Berg.
Since Monday, the Reinickendorf district has distributed two items per person next to the main entrance to the town hall on Eichborndamm.
Spandau started to distribute face masks since Tuesday between 10a.m and 12 p.m.
- Südpark senior club, Weverstrasse 38
- Senior meeting in Haselhorst, Haselhorster Damm 9
Between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., additional masks are available at the main entrance of the social welfare office at Galenstrasse 14.
In the Steglitz-Zehlendorf district, the masks will be distributed free of charge, from Wednesday, April 29, 2020.
- Office for Social Affairs, Hanna-Renate-Laurien-Platz 1, on Wednesday, April 29, 2020 (once) from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., otherwise on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 p.m. to 2.30 p.m.
- Gatekeeper in Zehlendorf town hall, Kirchstrasse 1/3, from 9 a.m.
- Gatekeeper in Steglitz Town Hall, Schloßstraße 37, from 9 a.m.
The district office points out that only limited quantities of masks are available. It is therefore urgently requested that only people who cannot afford financial protection can get mouth-nose protection.
The distribution of the free face masks also started in Tempelhof-Schöneberg with the start of the week. The Tempelhof-Schöneberg district can distribute 4,000 masks to its citizens, as soon as these have been allocated, the distribution will also end, says Schöttler. From 10 a.m. to around 3 p.m. masks will be distributed again at the Schöneberg location on Tuesday.
- The distribution takes place in the Rathaus Tempelhof on Tuesday, Tempelhofer Damm 165 from 12 to 6 p.m.
- Entrance to the Schöneberger Rathaus, John-F.-Kennedy Platz
The distribution in the Treptow-Köpenick district will take place on April 28 from 1 p.m. at two locations and will be carried out by the Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund (ASB).
- At the Adlershof administrative site – Groß-Berliner Damm 154
- In front of the town hall Köpenick – Alt-Köpenick 21 (BM)